Serving South Orange County,CA, the South Orange County Parkinson's Support Group is an informal, self-managed organization of persons with Parkinson's Disease and their care partners whose purpose is to educate about the disease, share information, and offer mutual respect.
Meetings are held the first Thursday of each month (with exceptions - see the Schedule) from 4-6pm at the Norman Murray Senior Center in Mission Viejo, CA.
Meetings often include a guest speaker of interest for all or a portion of the meeting. Otherwise, meetings involve sharing of information and discussing current topics or member concerns as appropriate.
All discussions are in confidence to the members present, and it is agreed by all that any comments, disclosures, or personal experiences shared by members are not to be taken or repeated outside of the meeting.
Refreshments are not typically provided. Attendees are welcome to bring their own. There are also a number of restaurants nearby.
The group is administered by a committee of five active members who, among other things, secure the use of the meeting facility and arrange for guest speakers. The committee is currently occupied by Dave O., Lauren S., Tom S., Doug H., and Peter W.
IMPORTANT: In the unlikely event that we should have to cancel the meeting at any point right up to the meeting itself, a notice stating “(Date) Meeting Canceled” will be prominently displayed on the home page of this web site. An email would also be sent to all current members alerting them as soon as possible, but as a safety precaution to prevent you from making the trip for nothing, please check this web site before leaving, especially if you will be attending your first meeting, since we probably wouldn't have your email yet.
The purpose of this web site is to:
- Provide an overview of the group for prospective members
- Keep current members updated with the latest group news and schedules.
- Provide a reference catalog of significant data from group meetings and discussions.
- Serve as an additional communication tool without waiting for the next meeting
- Provide thought provoking information for discussion at a future meeting
- Provide links to some of the many wonderful web sites dedicated to Parkinson's Disease, which collectively provide a wealth of information on all aspects of Parkinson's. Rather than try to duplicate information here it is more effective to link to and utilize the efforts that have already implemented.
If you have any comments or suggestions please use the Contact form.
Note: We DO NOT give, sell, or in any other way distribute the names, phone numbers, email address, or any other information about any of our members to any outside interests or organizations. This includes among support group members as well, unless with the member's permission